This maintenance update is available at no charge to all current Mastercam maintenance customers, and can be downloaded here.
The updates and new tools available in Mastercam X5 MU1 include:
- Enhanced collision checking and containment options for 3D HST toolpaths.
- Improved Curve 5-axis and Swarf 5-axis cutting, allowing overlap.
- Faster Mill tree-style dialog performance.
- Drag and drop parts from one sheet to another during geometry or toolpath nesting.
- Output block drilling parameters for easy use on setup sheets and with certain point-to-point routers.
- Enhanced 4-axis Direct wirepath accommodates a new suite of geometry and outputs even smoother motion.
- Improved functionality give you even more precision tab control.
- Updated file translators for ACIS, CATIA, SolidWorks, Solid Edge, Unigraphics and Rhino.
- Easier surface curve selection and solid layout functions.
With the release of Mastercam X5 MU1, we're also introducing Mastercam Port Expert, a new purchasable add-on designed for the head porting industry. This powerful tool can be added on to Mastercam Mill Level 3 or Router Pro, and delivers:
- Intelligent, specialized programming that machines as far as possible into the port with 3-axis toolpaths before switching smoothly to 5-axis motion.
- Advanced collision detection to help ensure high-quality cuts.
- Flexible machining definition and constraints, allowing automatic or manual choices.