We're pleased to announce the release of a new version of Orca3D.
This new version (1.2.3), which is a free update to our users, contains a number of new features, feature improvements, and bug fixes. If you have been following the Work-in-Progress (WIP) process, you're already aware of many of them.
Some highlights include:
- Native support for 64-bit and 32-bit Rhino 5, as well as Rhino 4
- Optional Network Licensing
- InsertNet and RemoveNet commands
- Improved Hull Assistant controls and user-definable section locations in Hull Assistants
- Hull Assistant for Rigid Inflatable Boats (RIBs)
- Export to ORC offset files
- "Pre-float" check can be run before hydrostatics are calculated, in order to review the model for errors (this option can be disabled)
- Real-time sectional area curve display as the model is edited
- New straighten points command
- Import/Export Stock Material Property files
- Support for blocks in Weight/Cost
- CSV output for resistance predictions
- Customization of report formats
A few important notes to be aware of:
- Only one version of Orca3D may be installed at a time. Therefore, you must uninstall any previous version of Orca3D from your computer before installing this version.
- If you have a license of Orca3D, you should not need to do anything other than uninstall any previous version of Orca3D and install the new one.
- No change to your License is required. The new version of Orca3D will find your existing License.
- If you don't have a license and are evaluating Orca3D, you can go through the same uninstall/install process. If your 15 day evaluation period has expired, send your Installation ID (available from the Orca3D License Manager) and request an extension.
- Any Orca3D information in a Rhino file that is saved with this new version will NOT be backwards compatible to version 1.1.0 or earlier versions. No Rhino information will be lost, but Orca3D information, such as section locations, weight/cost information, etc. will not be found by earlier versions of Orca3D.
If you have questions as you install and use the new release, remember that you can:
- send an email to email@example.com
- read through the Help file which is available from the Orca3D menu in Rhino, and on our web site here
- post a question on the Orca3D forum
To download the new version, please visit www.orca3d.com/update.
Thank you very much for using Orca3D, and we look forward to hearing from you!